CCS Driver Education Information
- To take Driver Ed, students must be 15 years old or older the day of the first class.
- Students are not required to have their permit to do their drives with the instructor during the training phase.
- A learner permit may be obtained at 15 1/2 years of age.
- In order to take the driving test, students must have a certificate of completion, and have had their permit for 6 months. The test can be taken at CCS. Mr. Seymour can and does test his students.
- Driving Test can be taken at CCS after school or on Saturday.
- It is recommended that students take Driver Ed. at 15 years 1 month – 15 years 3 months. Find a month in that period that works with your schedule.
- A class is offered once every month and will allow up to 10 students.
At CCS, students will take two sessions of in-class instruction. (6 hours Sat. and 4 hours Mon. or Tue. evening and Summer 5hrs/5hrs.)
Then, three sessions of in-car instruction based on the student’s schedule. Each in-car session will be 2 hours in length.
Mr. Seymour has over 20 years of Driver Education experience - several years in Kansas and now here in Oklahoma. He has been a trained Examiner for the last 5 years. His teaching degree in education is from Kansas State University, with a minor in Safety – Driver Education. He also has a CDL and drives many of the school bus trips.
Currently listed are the classes for the Spring and Summer.
Call or text Mr. Seymour to reserve your seat in these classes. 405-227-7257
The class fee for 10 hours in class, 6 hours in car is $370.00. Plus, the Prep drive for the Drive Test is free!